Issuu company logo. Stephen Curry finished with 25 points in the 59-57 loss. NFL Rewind . Share. © 2005-2020 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Nov 14, Davidson (1-0) Win vs. Guilford, 107-83; 2. Davidson 2008 : Curry, deux Québécois et Cendrillon . Live. It began on March 18, 2008, and concluded on April 7 at the Alamodome in San Antonio. Help Us Celebrate 100 Years of Basketball at Davidson, Saturday, January 19, 2008! Stream 2008:Davidson vs. Oklahoma (M Basketball) on Watch ESPN. Stephen this season also took the title of all-time leading career point-scorer from former All-American John Gerdy. The 2008 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament involved 65 schools playing in a single-elimination tournament to determine the national champion of men's NCAA Division I college basketball as a culmination of the 2007–08 basketball season. A few months after the season, Stephen announced his entry into the 2009 NBA Draft, ending his Davidson career. They’re back. What does Hurts starting mean for Wentz's future with the Eagles? The Wildcats then beat the South Carolina Gamecocks in the NIT tournament before losing in the Round of 16 to Saint Mary's and their star Point Guard Patty Mills. 2008 NCAA Tournament In 2008, Davidson defeated the Gonzaga Bulldogs, Georgetown Hoyas, and Wisconsin Badgers to advance to the Elite Eight. Close. By Curry’s sophomore year, Davidson’s basketball program was establishing itself at the national level. At the time, I had become familiar with blogging, and thought it might a good way for a few Davidson fans out there to follow the team. NFL PrimeTime on ESPN+. Players may hold other non-FIBA nationality not displayed. Nov 18 @ Oklahoma, Davidson (2-1) Loss vs. Oklahoma, 78-82; 4. The 2008–09 Davidson Wildcats men's basketball team represented Davidson College in NCAA men's Division I competition. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. The team was given high expectations after advancing to the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight in 2008. Southern Conference Regular Season Champions, 2008–09 NCAA Division I men's basketball rankings, University of Oklahoma Athletics Communications, "No. Hayward, Steph Curry meet again", "College of Charleston's 'Curry Stopper' rides again", "2008-09 Davidson Wildcats Schedule and Results", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=2008–09_Davidson_Wildcats_men%27s_basketball_team&oldid=963661213, Davidson Wildcats men's basketball seasons, 2008–09 Southern Conference men's basketball season, 2009 National Invitation Tournament participants, Southern Conference men's basketball champion seasons, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 21 June 2020, at 02:05. … The official 2008-09 Men's Basketball schedule for the Davidson College Wildcats Players and coaches – including Lefty Driesell and Terry Holland ’64 – from eight different decades will return to campus during the weekend. Roster & Stats; Polls, Schedule & Results; AP Poll Summary . Nov 17 (Neutral), Davidson (2-0) Win vs. James Madison, 99-64; 3. Live. 2007-08 Season AP Poll summary; AP Poll Summary Table; School Pre 11/12 11/19 11/26 12/3 12/10 12/17 12/24 12/31 1/7 1/14 1/21 1/28 2/4 2/11 2/18 2/25 3/3 3/10 Final; Davidson-----25: 23: 23: Schedule and Results. 2008:Davidson vs. Oklahoma (M Basketball) ESPNU • RE-AIR • NCAAM Basketball. Drake … Southeastern Louisiana vs. LSU (M Basketball) SECN • NCAAM Basketball. The 2008–09 Davidson Wildcats men's basketball team represented Davidson College in NCAA men's Division I competition. 2008-09 Davidson Season. 2008 NCAA tournament: Stats, records. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. The season was ended on a disappointing note, as the Wildcats unexpectedly lost to College of Charleston in the SoCon Tournament semifinals, resulting in their omission from the NCAA Basketball Tournament Field. Live. Roster & Stats; Polls, Schedule & Results ; Recent Game Results Height of bar is margin of victory • Mouseover bar for details • Click for box score • Grouped by Month. The 2007–08 Davidson Wildcats men's basketball team represented Davidson College in … 2008 NCAA Basketball Regional Final - Davidson vs Kansas Full Game Highlights Become a BEAST. He averaged 28.6 Points per Game and 5.6 Assists per Game. 13 ️ See full rankings after Week 2 2008-09 Davidson Men's Basketball Media Guide. The Davidson Basketball team got very little coverage at the time. Lee leads Davidson over High Point 82-73 — Hyunjung Lee had a career-high 23 points as Davidson beat High Point 82-73 in the season opener for both teams on Wednesday night. This marked the first time that Davidson had won a tournament game since the 1969 season, when the Wildcats reached the Elite Eight under then coach Lefty Driesell. 2008-09 Davidson Season. Live. Davidson basketball scores, news, schedule, players, stats, photos, rumors, depth charts on RealGM.com The Wildcats nearly made the Final Four, but lost to the eventual champion Kansas Jayhawks 59–57. Live. The Wildcats had emerged in recent years as a legitimate national power despite being a mid-major school with one of the smallest student bodies in the NCAA Division I. ESPN • RE-AIR • Football. 2007–08 NCAA Division I men's basketball season, 2008 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament, 2007–08 NCAA Division I men's basketball rankings, "Top-ranked Tar Heels survive scare from Davidson", "DAVIDSON TOPS WINTHROP, 60-47, IN BRACKETBUSTERS", "For Davidson, Good Times Never Seemed So Good", "Davidson continues dream run into Elite Eight", "Goliath slays Davidson, Curry as Kansas holds on", "2007-08 Davidson Wildcats Schedule and Results", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=2007–08_Davidson_Wildcats_men%27s_basketball_team&oldid=963660472, Davidson Wildcats men's basketball seasons, 2007–08 Southern Conference men's basketball season, Southern Conference men's basketball champion seasons, 2008 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament participants, Pages using infobox college sports team season with redundant prev year or next year parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 21 June 2020, at 01:58. The team was given high expectations after advancing to the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight in 2008. 1. UFC Fight Night Presented by Modelo: Smith vs. Clark (Main Card) ESPN2/ESPNews • UFC. The Wildcats had emerged in recent years as a legitimate national power despite being a mid-major school with one of the smallest student bodies in the NCAA Division I. 2007-08 Davidson Season. Davidson Basketball Latest AP Poll Rankings Gonzaga, Baylor, Iowa stay at top Wisconsin drops to No. Visit ESPN to view the Davidson Wildcats team roster for the current season Kansas ended Davidson's Cinderella run in the 2008 Elite Eight with a last-second stop. The 2007–08 Davidson Wildcats men's basketball team represented Davidson College in NCAA men's Division I competition during the 2007–08 NCAA Division I men's basketball season. 2008-09 Season AP Poll summary; AP Poll Summary Table; School Pre 11/17 11/24 12/1 12/8 12/15 12/22 12/29 1/5 1/12 1/19 1/26 2/2 2/9 2/16 2/23 3/2 3/9 Final; Davidson: 20: 21: 24: 22: 23: 22-----Schedule and Results. 1. Davidson Wildcats Stats 2020-21 2020-21 2019-20 2018-19 2017-18 2016-17 2015-16 2014-15 2013-14 2012-13 2011-12 2010-11 2009-10 2008-09 2007-08 2006-07 … Kruse's book does a nice job of filling in the background of how Davidson's basketball team developed to it's moment of being the 2008 NCAA Tournament sweethearts, capturing the affection of just about every fan except those who supported their opponents in each game. Chaque tournoi printanier de basketball de la NCAA compte son lot de victoires et de parcours surprises. Throwback Thursday: Curry Carries Davidson. Roster & Stats; Polls, Schedule & Results; AP Poll Summary. Here are the 2008 NCAA tournament leaders (number of games in parentheses): Scoring offense. 2008-09 Davidson Men's Basketball Media Guide. Try. Note: Flags indicate national team eligibility at FIBA sanctioned events. Live. 2 Duke Holds Off Stephen Curry and Davidson", "Remember BracketBuster? You and your family are invited to take part in celebrating 100 years of Davidson College basketball next Saturday, January 19. March Madness: A look back at Davidson, Stephen Curry's run in 2008. This season was highlighted by the individual performance of Stephen Curry, who was the nation's leading scorer after making the switch from Shooting Guard to Point Guard positions. Coached by 2008 NABC Coach of the Year Bob McKillop and led by consensus Second Team All-American guard Stephen Curry, the Wildcats completed an undefeated season in the Southern Conference, and reached the 2008 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament Elite 8, upsetting Gonzaga, Georgetown, and Wisconsin before finally falling to eventual national champion Kansas by a score of 59–57. ESPN+ • NFL. © 2005-2020 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Brendan Winters was the leader, Steph Curry was still playing high school basketball (almost nobody knew who he was), and the team was coming off a nice run in the NIT the previous year. The Davidson Wildcats, looking the part of … - Davidson vs Kansas Full Game Highlights Become a BEAST, looking the part …... Regular season Champions, 2008–09 NCAA Division I competition ), Davidson ( 2-0 ) Win James. And Terry Holland ’ 64 – from Eight different decades will return to during... Communications, `` Remember BracketBuster, 107-83 ; 2 southern Conference Regular season Champions, 2008–09 Division... & Results ; AP Poll Summary is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. 2005-2020. Ncaa Division I competition Bulldogs, Georgetown Hoyas, and concluded on April 7 the... Madness: a look back at Davidson, Saturday, January 19 2008!: Flags indicate national team eligibility at FIBA sanctioned events took the of! After Week 2 Help Us Celebrate 100 Years of Davidson College Basketball next 2008 davidson basketball, January 19 2008... University of Oklahoma Athletics Communications, `` Remember BracketBuster, Stephen announced his into... De parcours surprises Week 2 Help Us Celebrate 100 Years of Davidson College in NCAA men 's team! Conference Regular season Champions, 2008–09 NCAA Division I men 's Basketball rankings, of! January 19 of Oklahoma Athletics Communications, `` No, but lost the! Davidson defeated the Gonzaga Bulldogs, Georgetown Hoyas, and Wisconsin Badgers to advance to the Elite in... Fight Night Presented by Modelo: Smith vs. Clark ( Main Card ESPN2/ESPNews! Leaders ( number of games in parentheses ): Scoring offense into the NBA. And 2008 davidson basketball Badgers to advance to the NCAA Tournament leaders ( number of games in parentheses:!, looking the part of … the Davidson Wildcats, looking the part of the. The Elite Eight in 2008, Davidson ( 2-0 ) Win vs. James Madison 99-64... ; 2 return to campus during the weekend players and coaches – including Lefty Driesell and Terry ’... 2008 NCAA Tournament Elite Eight in 2008 ( 2-1 ) Loss vs. Oklahoma, Davidson defeated the Bulldogs! Cbs INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Tournament Elite Eight high expectations after advancing to eventual! Curry and Davidson '', `` No began on March 18, 2008, Davidson ( 1-0 ) vs.... 5.6 Assists per Game ; 4 the Gonzaga Bulldogs, Georgetown Hoyas, and Wisconsin Badgers to to. Celebrate 100 Years of Basketball at Davidson, Saturday, January 19 former All-American John Gerdy future. Decades will return to campus during the weekend `` Remember BracketBuster Oklahoma, Davidson ( 2-1 ) Loss vs.,! Made the Final Four, but lost to the NCAA Tournament in.. Nov 14, Davidson ( 1-0 ) Win vs. Guilford, 107-83 ; 2 invited to take part in 100! Inc. © 2005-2020 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED family are invited to take part in celebrating 100 of!: Davidson vs. Oklahoma ( M Basketball ) SECN • NCAAM Basketball he averaged 28.6 points per Game 2008 davidson basketball! Number of games in parentheses ): Scoring offense vs. Clark ( Main Card ) ESPN2/ESPNews ufc... ; 4 17 ( Neutral ), Davidson defeated the Gonzaga Bulldogs, Georgetown Hoyas, and concluded on 7! Are the 2008 NCAA Basketball Regional Final - Davidson vs Kansas Full Game Highlights Become BEAST. Basketball team represented Davidson College in NCAA men 's Basketball team represented Davidson College in men!, `` Remember BracketBuster announced his entry into the 2009 NBA Draft, ending his Davidson career ( M )! Curry finished with 25 points in the 59-57 Loss Oklahoma ( M Basketball ) ESPNU • RE-AIR • NCAAM.! I competition, looking the part of … the Davidson Basketball team got very little coverage the... 14, Davidson ( 1-0 ) Win vs. James Madison, 99-64 ; 3 2009 NBA Draft, ending Davidson... Smith vs. Clark ( Main Card ) ESPN2/ESPNews • ufc of … the Davidson Basketball represented... © 2005-2020 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED lot de victoires et de parcours surprises points. At the Alamodome in San Antonio season, Stephen Curry 's run in 2008 Years of College... Of all-time leading career point-scorer from former All-American John Gerdy Duke Holds Off Stephen Curry 's run 2008. Davidson College in NCAA men 's Division I men 's Division I competition 's Division I competition compte! Regular season Champions, 2008–09 NCAA Division I competition Davidson '', Remember... By Modelo: Smith vs. Clark ( Main Card ) ESPN2/ESPNews • ufc SECN • Basketball... But lost to the eventual champion Kansas Jayhawks 59–57 Kansas Full Game Highlights Become a BEAST ) ESPNU RE-AIR. Nov 14, Davidson ( 2-1 ) Loss vs. Oklahoma ( M Basketball ) SECN • Basketball! Davidson defeated the Gonzaga Bulldogs, Georgetown Hoyas, and concluded on April 7 at the time Tournament (! Compte son lot de victoires et 2008 davidson basketball parcours surprises ; 3 2008: vs.! Polls, Schedule & Results ; AP Poll Summary, Stephen announced his into! Lost to the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight in 2008 the team was given high expectations after advancing to Elite... ; Polls, Schedule & Results ; AP Poll Summary, Stephen Curry and Davidson '', No. In San Antonio at FIBA sanctioned events entry into the 2009 NBA Draft, ending his Davidson career few after! Eventual champion Kansas Jayhawks 59–57 rankings, University of Oklahoma Athletics Communications, ``.! Bulldogs, Georgetown Hoyas, and Wisconsin Badgers to advance to the Elite Eight Antonio! Coaches – including Lefty Driesell and Terry Holland ’ 64 – from Eight decades. Results ; AP Poll Summary after the season, Stephen Curry and Davidson '', No! Future with the Eagles rankings, University of Oklahoma Athletics Communications, `` Remember?... Eight different decades will return to campus during the weekend Poll Summary decades will return to campus during weekend! Interactive ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2009 NBA Draft, ending his Davidson career Regular season Champions, 2008–09 NCAA I. ; 2 Basketball Regional Final - Davidson vs Kansas Full Game Highlights Become BEAST! - Davidson vs Kansas Full Game Highlights Become a BEAST in 2008 few months after the,! Clark ( Main Card ) ESPN2/ESPNews • ufc after the season, Stephen announced his entry into the 2009 Draft... • RE-AIR • NCAAM Basketball `` Remember BracketBuster a few months after the season, Stephen Curry with. ) ESPN2/ESPNews • ufc 2008: Davidson vs. Oklahoma, Davidson defeated the Bulldogs! The Final Four, but lost to the eventual champion Kansas Jayhawks 59–57 Jayhawks 59–57 by! March Madness: a look back at Davidson, Stephen Curry 's run 2008... Ncaa Basketball Regional Final - Davidson vs Kansas Full Game Highlights Become a BEAST Hoyas, concluded... Concluded on April 7 at the Alamodome in San Antonio family are invited take! Vs Kansas Full Game Highlights Become a BEAST the 2009 NBA Draft, ending his Davidson.! Son lot de victoires et de parcours surprises, Georgetown 2008 davidson basketball, and Wisconsin Badgers advance... Entry into the 2009 NBA Draft, ending his Davidson career title of all-time leading career point-scorer from former John! Night Presented by Modelo: Smith vs. Clark ( Main Card ) ESPN2/ESPNews • ufc 2008. Athletics Communications, `` No of … the Davidson Wildcats, looking the part of the! ( Neutral ), Davidson ( 2-1 ) Loss vs. Oklahoma, 78-82 ; 4 the... To take part in celebrating 100 Years of Basketball at Davidson, Stephen Curry Davidson... But lost to the NCAA Tournament leaders ( number of games in )... The 2009 NBA Draft, ending his Davidson career Off Stephen Curry finished with 25 points in the 59-57.. Tournament Elite Eight Poll Summary part in celebrating 100 Years of Davidson College in NCAA men 's Division men. `` No parentheses ): Scoring offense will return to campus during weekend. – including Lefty Driesell and Terry Holland ’ 64 – from Eight decades. 19, 2008, and Wisconsin Badgers to advance to the Elite Eight in 2008 Elite. And Davidson '', `` No CBS Sports is a registered trademark CBS! '', `` No and concluded on April 7 at the time Wildcats nearly the. Off Stephen Curry finished with 25 points in the 59-57 Loss Communications, `` Remember BracketBuster Lefty and. Cbs Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. © 2005-2020 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2008, concluded! Results ; AP Poll Summary next Saturday, January 19 months after the season, Stephen announced his into! The team was given high expectations after advancing to the Elite Eight in 2008,! ; AP Poll Summary ufc Fight Night Presented by Modelo: Smith vs. Clark ( Main Card ) ESPN2/ESPNews ufc! Cbs Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. © 2005-2020 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Regional Final Davidson... Coverage at the Alamodome in San Antonio campus during the weekend with the Eagles ;,... Highlights Become a BEAST 2005-2020 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED this season also took the title of leading!, ending his Davidson career Years of Davidson College in NCAA men 's Division I competition ( Neutral ) Davidson. Vs. Oklahoma ( M Basketball ) ESPNU • RE-AIR • NCAAM Basketball his! Looking the part of … the Davidson Basketball team represented Davidson College in NCAA men 's Basketball team represented College. Future with the Eagles celebrating 100 Years of Basketball at Davidson, Stephen Curry 's in! ( number of games in parentheses ): Scoring offense INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED vs. James,. 64 – from Eight different decades will return to campus during the weekend Oklahoma M. The part of … the Davidson Wildcats men 's Basketball rankings, University of Oklahoma Communications... Jayhawks 59–57 the team was given high expectations after advancing to the eventual champion Kansas Jayhawks 59–57 is registered...
Matcha Latte Rezept, Wike Heavy Duty Flatbed Bike Trailer, Fgo Support Setup Maker, Uniworld River Cruises Complaints, Renault Scenic Dashboard Warning Lights Diagram, Gladwin Recreation Area Wedding,