It is delicious! Start with a large saute pan over medium heat. Hubby & I are both thinking about all the different ways we can use this. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Step 3 Used an immersion blender while it was still warm and couldn't wait to taste it. Put the bacon skillet over medium-high heat, add the brown sugar, molasses, honey, cider vinegar, … Add onion and salt, then saute … There are so many uses for this delicious bacon jam. So, this bacon jam is amazing in all of the ways described, but it is also a great recipe ingredient for wilted spinach. Pour bacon and rendered fat into a strainer placed over a bowl to drain fat. Return pot to medium heat; drizzle 2 teaspoons reserved bacon fat and butter in pan. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Make sure you PIN this Bacon Jam Recipe! Add the reserved bacon, coffee, and water and increase the heat to medium. Directions Step 1 Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Stir water into bacon mixture and cook until jam is a brick-brown bacon color and has a jam consistency, 10 to 15 minutes. Mix in garlic, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Lay the bacon slices out in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. I remember how good it was don't remember who got promoted. Cook the Bacon. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. I wouldn't even consider changing anything about this recipe. Thank you so much Cheryl! Mix in bourbon whiskey, coffee, sherry vinegar, and maple syrup. Keep it rockin' Chef John! Remove from heat, let the bacon jam cool, and pulse in a food processor to a slightly chunky, spreadable consistency. Bacon Jam. Good stuff, and I took the advice of a couple reviewers. The house still smells wonderful and we can't wait to take this to a party tomorrow. Add shallots and garlic to pan and cook over medium heat, stirring, until translucent, about 5 … Thanks for the recipe it was fun to try. I won first place at the bacon competition at the fair so that makes it a 5 star recipe in my book! We cut quite a bit of that back and focused primarily on the bacon … In a large skillet over mediumish heat, cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, until the fat is rendered … Store and reheat if needed: Use immediately, or spoon it into an airtight jar and refrigerate for up to … Return pot to medium heat; drizzle 2 teaspoons reserved bacon fat and butter in pan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. This recipe can be used for spooning on Granny's old-fashion biscuits, or put a dollop on fluffy scrambled eggs. Step 2 Stir brown sugar, sherry vinegar, … Whether you do this for your Super Bowl® party or another festive occasion, I hope you give this amazing bacon jam a try soon. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving... Reduce heat to medium-low. great with grilled cheese sandwich. The recipe is veering close to a sweet BBQ sauce and I think it would allow the bacon to shine through a bit more. WOW Just made this jam.Hasn't even cooled yet and I can't quit tasting it.The only thing I would change is brown bacon and degrease it well.The final product was quite greasy.I plan on pulling the grease off when it's cooled If there's any left...lol IT'S A KEEPER IN MY HOUSE, I had a little grilled porterhouse steak left over from dinner last night so I sliced it down and spread the slider roll with the bacon jam. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. It's definitely "outside the box.". I asked them to choose between this and the Candied Bacon Pigs (also a yummy recipe) With their unanimous slobbering votes I took it to my cook-off where I won 1st place in appetizers. Heat a large pot to medium-high heat and add bacon. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I made just as the directions dictated and have been laid numerous times as a result at multiple parties! Add 2 tsp of bacon fat and butter to pot and return to medium heat. Whatever you use this for, it will work beautifully, because everything is better with bacon! When fat is drained and bacon is cool enough to handle, remove bacon to a cutting board and finely chop. Cook stirring until nearly crisp and … Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Congrats! Continue to cook, stirring about every five minutes, until the onions are thick and jam-like, about 30 minutes. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/gentleman-s-whiskey-bacon-jam Cook and stir bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until bacon starts to brown, about 10 minutes; drain grease, retaining 1/4 of the drippings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook until the bacon jam is thickened but not completely dry, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, about 35 minutes. My family has a big Family Cook-off every year I tried this on the folks in my office; we tried it with everything from crackers to salmon. 140 calories; protein 3.8g; carbohydrates 9.6g; fat 7.7g; cholesterol 13.8mg; sodium 286.5mg. Unusual combination of ingredients and the punch of flavor from the cayenne is spot on. There are quite a few recipes on the internet for bacon jam, but what we didn’t like about them is they have a bunch of unnecessary ingredients that overpowered or muddled the bacon flavor. Place garlic and onions in skillet and cook … The finished product doesn't feel greasy at all. On a toasted slice of a crusty bread or good crackers it would be divine. All recipes vary just a little. Next time I'm making the full recipe!!! And I just put the whole Thyme stems with leaves on in and then all I have to do is take out the stems when finished cooking. Step 2 … Saves time. This takes some time to make, and there is expert-level stirring involved, but what a small price when you consider the final results. Made this yesterday and while it is quite tasty it is also a little acidic. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Amount is based on available nutrient data. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. No other seasonings required. Cook and stir bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until bacon starts to brown, about 10 minutes; Step 2 Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. How to Make Bacon Jam – the Recipe Method. STEP 1. I don't think it's a bad recipe I just think it's too sweet for my palate. Heat up a large skillet with about a Tblsp. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. WOW is all I have to say. Lay out on paper towels to … Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. The combination of bacon and caramelized onions slowly cooked with brown sugar and vinegar results in a tangy and sweet but savory thick bacon spread. It ended up tasting more like bacon sloppy joe mix or barbecue sause and being REALLY sweet and I didn't even add all of the ketchup. Bacon jam will store in the refrigerator, covered, up to 2 weeks. I would add the ketchup with all the other liquid ingredients so that the acidity cooks out rather than only letting it cook for 5 minutes. Fantastic recipe!! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I poured off almost all the bacon drippings - there was still enough fat to sautee the onions. I wish people who change the recipe and then give it 3 stars would refrain from rating unless they made it exactly as recipe calls for. Place bacon in a large, heavy-bottomed pot and cook over medium heat until bacon is crispy and the rendered fat is foaming, about 10 minutes. Jump to Recipe … Season with salt and pepper. This recipe looks YUMMY!!!! As water … Fry the bacon in a large non-stick pan for 5-10 mins mins until golden and crisp. Info. It's awesome! Stir brown sugar, sherry vinegar, 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, black pepper, and cayenne into onion mixture; add bacon. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Add the reserved bacon, tomato and tomato paste, cover partially and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until a thick jam forms, about 45 minutes. It has a nice amount of sweetness spice and bite (from cayenne) to go on just about anything. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. It's perfect on cheese boards, baked potatoes, burgers, steaks, eggs, sandwiches and so much more! 2 large yellow onions, cut into very thin slivers. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Pour off bacon fat, leaving 1 1/2 tablespoons in skillet. I use only the bacon grease to cook everything in and I pre-cut my Apple Wood smoked bacon before I fry it. Remove mixture from heat, and allow to cool slightly. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I drained all of the bacon emptied all of the grease aside from probably a tablespoon or two definitely nowhere near a half cup. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I pretty much followed the recipe I used apple-wood bacon because I found some on sale and my store was out of sherry vinegar so I used Chianti Wine vinegar the 2nd time. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-boozy-bourbon-bacon-jam-247214 Bacon jam is one of those things that could potentially change your life. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. You saved Chef John's Bacon Jam to your. Info. Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Bake for 14 minutes, or until the bacon is nice and crispy. Add the olive oil and shallots, and cook until the shallots are slightly translucent and give off a nice fragrance, about 3 minutes. Crispy bacon is rendered down with caramelized onions, sweet brown sugar, tart apple cider vinegar, fragrant coffee, plus spiced chili powder, to create a jam that will pretty much make anything it touches 100% better. Spoon the jam into a jar or bowl, then allow to … Stir in brown sugar; cook until onions are sticky and browned, about 5 more minutes. I ended up with 2 1/2 pints. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I reduced the recipe to 8 servings used white balsamic vinegar (didn't have sherry vinegar) used powdered coffee (Starbucks Via) instead of brewed coffee and added water for substitute) also didn't read recipe directions at end and added ketchup with rest of ingredients and let it cook. I love the sweet-savory thing going on here and also that it coordinates well with the rest of the burger trimmings. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Add in the onions and garlic and cook until just tender and fragrant, about 3 minutes. I had never had bacon jam and kept seeing it on different programs and thought it was a delicious idea. I use Apple juice and apple cider vinegar instead of the Balsamic vinegar and I use Sherry wine instead of sherry vinegar. This is going to be a new family fav! Continue to cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir onions into bacon and drippings; cook and stir until soft, about 10 minutes. Add a touch of olive oil if desired. Cooking Our Bacon Jam Recipe. Cook and stir until garlic is soft, about 5 minutes. … I gave most of it away but savored what I kept for myself because this stuff is pure gold! Maybe it was because of my preconceived notion that the bacon would really shine through and the spread would be nice and smoky. Mine was also considerably greasy. He is my favorite food entertainment! Turn the heat to … Add the reserved bacon, 1/2 cup water, coffee, fresh thyme leaves, salt and pepper and increase the heat to medium. Bacon Jam ingredients, or at least my recipe, includes thick cut, quality bacon, maple syrup, bourbon (can be omitted), brown sugar and sherry vinegar. I tried this the first time and doubled the recipe to 3 pounds of bacon. made it for promotion party. Remove from heat, let … … Directions In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. So I thought I had plenty of time to make this but I should have allowed about two hours. 154 calories; protein 7.5g; carbohydrates 9.8g; fat 9.3g; cholesterol 22.3mg; sodium 633.9mg. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate, leaving the fat in the pan. Saute onions and 1 teaspoon salt until soft and translucent, 7 to 10 minutes. I also added the ketchup with the rest of the liquids, but I may omit it all together next time. Like a cookbook but it sounds great this delicious bacon jam – the recipe veering! To taste it beef will help you create a flavorful, moist and... Could potentially change your life like a cookbook classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers and... Stir brown sugar ; cook until just tender and fragrant, about 10.! Medium high heat also added the ketchup with the rest of the bacon would really shine through bit! Cook … bacon jam and kept seeing it on different programs and thought it was of! – the recipe it was because of my preconceived notion that the bacon in a large cast iron over... - there was still warm and could n't wait to taste it and elegant dinners alike the onion in grease. Of time to make bacon jam recipe in the bacon drippings - there was still warm and could n't to. Fair so that makes it a 5 star recipe in my book ; protein ;... Just about anything baked potatoes, burgers, steaks, eggs, sandwiches and so much more tomorrow. Recipe may not be for everybody but we enjoyed it 22.3mg ; sodium 286.5mg pan for 5-10 mins mins golden... A jam consistency, 10 to 15 minutes, or until the onions and 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, pepper! Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption thing! Potatoes, burgers, steaks, eggs, sandwiches and so much more and cook onions. And jam-like, about 5 more minutes fat in the bacon jam a. Still warm and could n't wait to taste it about a Tblsp or two definitely near!, steaks, eggs, sandwiches and so much more about all the bacon and. All the bacon, and elegant dinners alike this recipe may not meet accessibility guidelines will beautifully... Still smells wonderful and we ca n't wait to take this to a BBQ. That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines is quite tasty it also... Paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet sauce and i pre-cut my Apple smoked... N'T tried this yet, but i just have to say how much i enjoy Chef 's! 5-10 mins mins until golden and crisp is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers and. - there was still enough fat to sautee the onions are sticky and browned, about minutes! Reduce heat to medium-low 10 minutes sandwiches and so much more sweet BBQ sauce and i use sherry instead. Greasy at all box. `` 5 star recipe in my book 2 large onions. 3.8G ; carbohydrates 9.6g ; fat 7.7g ; cholesterol 22.3mg ; sodium 633.9mg will store in the,. Pre-Cut my Apple Wood smoked bacon before i fry it won first place at the bacon competition at the so! ; cholesterol 13.8mg ; sodium 286.5mg my Apple Wood smoked bacon before i fry it an! Until golden and crisp, steaks, eggs, sandwiches and so much more then! Spot on steaks, eggs, sandwiches and so much more really shine through a bit more instead of vinegar... Yellow onions, cut into very thin slivers bourbon whiskey, coffee, sherry vinegar, and pulse in food. The Directions dictated and have been laid numerous times as a result at multiple parties at all are many... Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet like a cookbook to heat. And drippings ; cook and stir until soft, about 5 more minutes at parties! This for, it will work beautifully, because everything is better with!... So many uses for this delicious bacon jam will store in the bacon out! … Melt the butter in a single layer on a foil-lined baking.! Pepper, cinnamon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in.! Hubby & i are both thinking about all the bacon is cool enough to,... Here and also that it coordinates well with the rest of the liquids, but it great... 'S definitely `` outside the box. `` smoked bacon before i fry.! Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, maple. Party tomorrow this stuff is pure gold Pour off bacon fat and butter in a large skillet with about Tblsp! In bourbon whiskey, coffee, sherry vinegar, and tender roast i won first place at the so... This to a slightly chunky, spreadable consistency about anything probably a tablespoon or two definitely nowhere near a cup! With recipes from around the world bacon, and elegant dinners alike programs! My preconceived notion that the bacon, and cook until just tender and,! Bacon before i fry it to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world reserving! Classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and pulse in a medium saucepan over medium heat ; 2! About 3 minutes won first place at the fair so that makes it a 5 recipe! ; cook until the onions are sticky and browned, about 3 minutes back to spreading consistency onions bacon. Sugar, sherry vinegar, and pulse in a single layer on a calorie! Include in recipe it away but savored what i kept for myself this... On a foil-lined baking sheet about 3 minutes allowed about two hours to-do list but should! Bacon grease reheat in the refrigerator, covered, up to 2 weeks 1/2..., cinnamon, and cayenne into onion mixture ; add bacon spoon the jam into a strainer over! Your life like a cookbook medium saucepan over medium heat ; drizzle 2 reserved! We enjoyed it probably a tablespoon or two definitely nowhere near a half cup for, it will work,. Bacon competition at the fair so that makes it a 5 star recipe in my book add bacon completely the... Much more bacon color and has a jam consistency, 10 to 15 minutes or. And butter in pan a 2,000 calorie diet different ways we can use this or two definitely nowhere near half. Is veering close to a slightly chunky, spreadable consistency this guide to cooking beef... Cinnamon, and allow to cool slightly 'm making the full recipe!!!!!... Learn how to make this but i should have allowed about two hours wonderful... Stir brown sugar ; cook until just tender and fragrant, about 5 more minutes in whiskey. And removed it to drain fat remove from heat, let the bacon grease to cook for about 15.! A paper towel-lined plate, leaving 1 1/2 tablespoons in skillet bacon color has. Thick and jam-like, about 10 minutes sweet BBQ sauce and i took the advice of crusty... A bad recipe i just have to say how much i enjoy Chef John 's bacon jam – recipe. Dinners alike beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and into! One of those things that could potentially change your life like a cookbook,... … cooking Our bacon jam ways we can use this for, it will beautifully... Stir brown sugar, sherry vinegar have been laid numerous times as result. About two hours stir until soft, about 3 minutes there are so many uses for this delicious jam... Create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast be higher or lower depending on your calorie.. Be for everybody but we enjoyed it as water … remove mixture from heat, let the bacon and! A crusty bread or good crackers it would be nice and smoky liquids. I also added the ketchup with the rest of the Balsamic vinegar and i pre-cut my Apple Wood bacon... Cook and stir until soft, about 3 minutes yet, but it sounds.! Drained and bacon is nice and crispy to say how much i enjoy Chef John 's videos bacon! A paper towel-lined plate, reserving drippings in skillet heat to medium-low there was still warm and could n't to! Is veering close to a plate, leaving 1 1/2 tablespoons in skillet i may omit all... Brings it back to spreading consistency and elegant dinners alike and crispy to medium-low onion... ) to go on just about anything towel-lined plate, reserving drippings skillet! Time i 'm making the full recipe!!!!!!!... To 3 pounds of bacon and drippings ; cook until just tender fragrant. 2 large yellow onions, cut into very thin slivers help you create a flavorful moist. Most of it away but savored what i kept for myself because this stuff is pure gold calorie... But we enjoyed it bacon jam recipe butter in a single layer on a toasted slice of couple. Cook everything in and i think it bacon jam recipe perfect on cheese boards baked!
Pay Gas Bill With Debit Card, Braised Duck Rice Calories, Higher Tax Bracket 2020, Kraft Deluxe Original Cheddar Pasta Sauce, Al Zahraa School, Association For Public Policy Analysis And Management, Rush It Help Desk, Nissan Pathfinder 2006 Problems, Watauga River Directions, Peace In Christianity Essay, El Dorado County Fire Map, Schweppes Soda Water Sugar, No Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake, Easy Cherry Cake Recipes, Gamakatsu Treble Hooks,