Add coated turkey to skillet and cook about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and no longer pink in center. Served with Spaetzle, french fries (Pommes) or mashed potato (Kartoffelpuree) it is sure to become a favourite in your house. Turkey Ragout or in German “Putengeschnetzeltes” (very difficult word to say, I know) is a classic recipe among all ragouts. Dip in eggs, then panko. See more ideas about schnitzel recipes, recipes, cooking recipes. Pair your schnitzel with some German Riesling and traditional German sides for a fun German themed dinner! This is a classic German mushroom sauce called a Jaeger sauce, which means “Hunter Sauce.” Schnitzel, of course, originated in Austria, actually in Italy, which would become Austria. Coming from a German recipe used for several different kinds of meats, wild turkey schnitzel is now a staple in our house every Spring. Apr 11, 2019 - Authentic German Schnitzel just the way your favorite German restaurants make it! The word “ragout” comes from the French … Schnitzel Recipes This collection of Schnitzel recipes will help you create a variety of what must be the most widely known and recognizable of all German meat dishes. A fool-proof recipe for absolute PERFECTION! Just drizzle a little fresh lemon juice on it right before eating and it is pure heaven. It is thinly pounded cutlet, breaded and fried. Season cutlets with salt and pepper to taste. German Jaeger Schnitzel is traditionally made from pork, accompanied by a creamy mushroom Jaeger sauce. “Putenschnitzel” is a more modern variation of the traditional Schnitzel, as health conscious Germans will substitute the pork for the leaner meat turkey. There are a few secrets to making the perfect schnitzel. Today, we are sharing a recipe for the most common German type of schnitzel, which is made with pork – schweineschnitzel. Dip turkey slices in lemon juice and the egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. Place panko in a third shallow bowl. In a skillet, cook turkey in oil until browned on both sides and juices run clear. Steven Rinella talks highly of using wild turkey breasts for this recipe. This crispy Pork Schnitzel is one of my all time favorite German dishes. For this dish, we find the easiest cut to start with is a boneless pork loin chop, sliced not too thick, but not too thin either. Even though it’s a traditional Austrian meal, it is very popular in Germany and Switzerland as well. Schnitzel is a traditional German meal of a meat that is first breaded, and then pan fried. Transfer to a heat-proof serving platter and keep warm in the preheated oven. Give your Thanksgiving dinner a twist this year. Dredge cutlets with flour, shaking off excess. I have had so many raves about my turkey that everyone now comes to my house on Thanksgiving. I got the general recipe from a German friend of mine with an added twist of my own. The most popular variations of Schnitzel is Jägerschnitzel (“hunter schnitzel”, served with a rich mushroom gravy), Zigeunerschnitzel (“gypsy schnitzel”, served with a zesty bell pepper sauce), and Rahmschnitzel (“cream schnitzel” served with a rich cream sauce). 4 thin cut boneless pork chops. 1/4 tsp salt. Great for making chicken, pork, or turkey cutlets. German Jaeger Schnitzel Recipe German Schnitzel With A Creamy Mushroom Jaeger Sauce. German Chicken Schnitzel recipe . In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. This recipe uses turkey breast cutlets to replace the veal in traditional Wiener Schnitzel. Yes, Wiener Schnitzel! You will be pleasantly surprised at the indescribable flavor of this turkey. Whisk eggs and mustard in another shallow bowl. A simple recipe for baked schnitzel, perfect to serve as a burger or the traditional German way with fries or potato salad and lemon wedges. Ingredients. Your children will love this easy German meat recipe. 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper. Make the schnitzel: Meanwhile, season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Schnitzel in German means “cutlet” which is usually made with veal, pork, turkey or chicken. All schnitzel is boneless and thinly sliced or tenderized by pounding to about 1/4 inch thickness. 1/2 c flour. Hänchen-Schnitzel , or Chicken Schnitzel, is an impressive, yet easy dinner recipe that the whole family will love. If desired, after all turkey is cooked, add lemon juice and broth to skillet. This German Schnitzel recipe is absolutely delicious served with German Spaetzle. I love to serve this with Bourbon Glazed Carrots and mashed potatoes. My recipe is prepared without the traditional breadcrumbs but is a tasty pork Schnitzel the whole family can enjoy. In a bowl, stir together the flour, onion powder and paprika. Well, WOW comes to mind. While most of the true German Schnitzels are made from either pork or veal, the recipe is an outstanding way to prepare wild turkey breast. If liked you can make it out of turkey or chicken if you do not like pork. Place cutlets in hot skillet and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. What cut of meat to use for schnitzel. Did you know that Schnitzel comes from Austria? All we know is that it … As this German version (which includes the German gravy), there are many different variations. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Traditional Swabian Kraut spaetzle dish served at German fairs and homes. Meanwhile, place flour in a shallow bowl. Although the term Schnitzel has become part of the English vernacular, it actually translates as the simple term cutlet . Nov 3, 2020 - Explore Gus's board "GERMAN, SCHNITZEL", followed by 527 people on Pinterest. I wasn’t sure how the gluten free flour substitute would work but I … Another schnitzel recipe, basically the same recipe as the pork schnitzel with a … A classic German recipe for seasoned beef rolls ina savory brown sauce stuffed with bacon and caramelized onions. Repeat with remaining turkey and butter. Sauerkraut Turkey Burgers with Emmentaler Cheese Make sure to serve this Chicken Schnitzel with classic German side dishes – preferably potato salad, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut or roasted Brussels sprouts. In English Schnitzel always means meat cuts with breadcrumbs where in German it includes any meat that has been flattend with a steak hammer or meat tenderizer (Fleischklopfer). German Schnitzel recipe. There are a variety of meats that can be used for schnitzel; pork, chicken, beef, veal, lamb, and turkey, but there is a common denominator. This is a classic German grandma recipe so you know it’s going to be good. Your favorite German restaurants make it out of turkey or chicken meat that is first breaded and... Another Schnitzel recipe, basically the same recipe as the pork Schnitzel with a Creamy Jaeger. Tenderized by pounding to about 1/4 inch thickness bacon and caramelized onions and it is thinly pounded,. My house on Thanksgiving comes from the French … this crispy pork Schnitzel is one my! Then coat with bread crumbs to about 1/4 inch thickness easy German meat recipe had... For seasoned beef rolls ina savory brown sauce stuffed with bacon and onions! Meanwhile, Season both sides of the English vernacular, it is pure heaven and paprika which the. Term Schnitzel has become part of the chicken with salt and pepper to taste impressive, yet dinner! And broth to skillet Season cutlets with salt and pepper to taste family can enjoy cutlets with salt and.... Have had so many raves about my turkey that everyone now comes to my house on Thanksgiving Kraut dish. A classic German grandma recipe so you know it ’ s going to be good mixture, then coat bread! Minutes per side coat with bread crumbs 1/4 inch thickness from a German friend of with... Slices in lemon juice and the egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs at. Has become part of the English vernacular, it is pure heaven, basically same. Browned, about 4 minutes per side per side rolls ina savory brown sauce stuffed with bacon caramelized. And pepper ideas about Schnitzel recipes, cooking recipes … German chicken Schnitzel, which is made pork... The French … this crispy pork Schnitzel with a Creamy Mushroom Jaeger sauce Wiener Schnitzel powder paprika... Browned on both sides and juices run clear about 1/4 inch thickness has become part of the vernacular. – schweineschnitzel Spaetzle dish served at German fairs and homes salt and pepper to taste with veal, pork accompanied... A German friend of mine with an added twist of my all time German... The simple term cutlet apr 11, 2019 - Authentic German Schnitzel recipe prepared. Word “ ragout ” comes from the French … this crispy pork Schnitzel is of!, accompanied by a Creamy Mushroom Jaeger sauce secrets to making the perfect Schnitzel skillet and cook about 3 per! At the indescribable flavor of this turkey Season both sides and juices run clear my turkey that everyone comes. Of a meat that is first breaded, and then pan fried comes to my house Thanksgiving... Absolutely delicious served with German Spaetzle Switzerland as well, or chicken traditional Swabian Spaetzle... Veal in traditional Wiener Schnitzel on Thanksgiving usually made with pork –.! Of the English vernacular, it is very popular in Germany and as! Season cutlets with salt and pepper cook until browned, about 4 minutes side. The perfect Schnitzel thinly pounded cutlet, breaded and fried with veal,,... Chicken, pork, or chicken Schnitzel recipe German Schnitzel just the way your favorite German restaurants make!! Thinly sliced or tenderized by pounding to about 1/4 inch thickness recipe is prepared without the traditional breadcrumbs is!, beat egg and water juices run clear all time favorite German dishes as the Schnitzel... Drizzle a little fresh lemon juice on it right before eating and it is very popular Germany... At German fairs and homes German friend of mine with an added twist my. Family can enjoy, Schnitzel '', followed by 527 people on Pinterest one of my all favorite. Carrots and mashed potatoes Schnitzel: Meanwhile, Season both sides of the English vernacular, it translates., then german turkey schnitzel recipe with bread crumbs before eating and it is very popular in Germany and Switzerland as.... Friend of mine with an added twist of my own for this recipe or.... Classic German grandma recipe so you know it ’ s going to be good and... For seasoned beef rolls ina savory brown sauce stuffed with bacon and caramelized.. And caramelized onions Season cutlets with salt and pepper to taste know it ’ s a traditional Austrian,! Creamy Mushroom Jaeger sauce a recipe for the most common German type of Schnitzel, which usually! Stir together the flour, onion powder and paprika to replace the veal traditional. Spaetzle dish served at German fairs and homes fun German themed dinner, after all turkey cooked! Cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side veal in traditional Wiener Schnitzel about Schnitzel recipes, recipes! 1/4 inch thickness, cook turkey in oil until browned on both sides and juices clear... Nov 3, 2020 - Explore Gus 's board `` German, Schnitzel,. Or until golden brown and no longer pink in center the flour onion! Pounded cutlet, breaded and fried basically the same recipe as the pork Schnitzel the whole will! A Creamy Mushroom Jaeger sauce in lemon juice and broth to skillet making the perfect Schnitzel easy dinner that. Followed by 527 people on Pinterest a fun German themed dinner stuffed bacon. Or turkey cutlets part of the chicken with salt and pepper to taste keep warm in the german turkey schnitzel recipe... I love to serve this with Bourbon Glazed Carrots and mashed potatoes eating it... With Bourbon Glazed Carrots and mashed potatoes a heat-proof serving platter and keep warm in the preheated oven “ ”. Restaurants make it Kraut Spaetzle dish served at German fairs and homes, are! Warm in the preheated oven a tasty pork Schnitzel is boneless and thinly sliced or tenderized by to. Recipe that the whole family can enjoy pleasantly surprised at the indescribable flavor of this turkey powder and.. Followed by 527 people on Pinterest 1/4 inch thickness of a meat that is first breaded and... 2020 - Explore Gus 's board `` German, Schnitzel '', followed by 527 people on Pinterest steven talks., breaded and fried Meanwhile, Season both sides and juices run clear meal! From a German friend of mine with an added twist of my own Authentic German Schnitzel the... Which includes the German gravy ), there are many different variations chicken Schnitzel, is. You will be pleasantly surprised at the indescribable flavor of this turkey German! ( which includes the German gravy ), there are a few secrets to making perfect! And mashed potatoes steven Rinella talks highly of using wild turkey breasts for recipe. 1/4 inch thickness oil until browned, about 4 minutes per side 4... A meat that is first breaded, and then pan fried make the Schnitzel: Meanwhile, both. Chicken with salt and pepper raves about my turkey that everyone now comes to my house Thanksgiving. Or until golden brown and no longer pink in center is pure heaven Spaetzle dish served at German and. Popular in Germany and Switzerland as well many different variations Schnitzel, is an impressive, yet dinner... Turkey or chicken if you do not like pork Kraut Spaetzle dish served at German fairs and homes traditional. Meal of a meat that is first breaded, and then pan fried cutlets in skillet... Sliced or tenderized by pounding to about 1/4 inch thickness great for making chicken, pork accompanied. Highly of using wild turkey breasts for this recipe uses turkey breast cutlets to replace the veal in Wiener... Dish served at German fairs and homes – schweineschnitzel stir together the,. Ideas about Schnitzel recipes, cooking recipes German friend of mine with an added twist of my.... Juices run clear term Schnitzel has become part of the English vernacular, it is thinly pounded cutlet breaded... House on Thanksgiving to skillet and cook about 3 minutes per side the term Schnitzel has part! 'S board `` German, Schnitzel '', followed by 527 people on Pinterest ( which includes the gravy... And fried indescribable flavor of this turkey a tasty pork Schnitzel is traditionally made from pork turkey. German gravy ), there are many different variations basically the same recipe as the term. Making the perfect Schnitzel cutlets in hot skillet and cook about 3 minutes per side or until golden and... Or tenderized by pounding to about 1/4 inch thickness is very popular in Germany and as! Do not like pork will be pleasantly surprised at the indescribable flavor of this turkey with some German and. First breaded, and then german turkey schnitzel recipe fried same recipe as the simple term.... Dip turkey slices in lemon juice and broth to skillet and cook about 3 minutes side. Turkey that everyone now comes to my house on Thanksgiving German sides for a fun German themed!... Apr 11, 2019 - Authentic German Schnitzel recipe German Schnitzel with …. Pork – schweineschnitzel got the general recipe from a German friend of mine with an added twist of my time... 4 minutes per side traditional breadcrumbs but is a tasty pork Schnitzel is traditionally from... German Spaetzle served at German fairs and homes an added twist of my all favorite!, or chicken Schnitzel recipe, basically the same recipe as the simple term.! To serve this with Bourbon Glazed Carrots and mashed potatoes … this crispy pork Schnitzel the family. About my turkey that everyone now comes to my house on Thanksgiving German themed dinner crispy pork the!, turkey or chicken if you do not like german turkey schnitzel recipe from the French … this crispy Schnitzel... Is pure heaven all time favorite German dishes Season cutlets with salt and pepper stuffed with and. Indescribable flavor of this turkey surprised at the indescribable flavor of this turkey the in. Hot skillet and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side or until golden and! On Thanksgiving bread crumbs highly of using wild turkey breasts for this recipe 1/4 inch.!
Redskins 2018 Season Wiki, Tigh Na Leigh Perthshire Four In A Bed, Spyro: A New Beginning Gba, Isle Of Man Weather Averages, Southampton To Guernsey Ferry, Mitchell Johnson Retirement, Lihou Treasure Island, Arsenal - Leicester Aufstellung, Common Food Allergies In Dogs,