1. General Citizenship Information. Woohoo! Check if you can become a British citizen There are different ways to apply for British citizenship (or ‘naturalisation’) based on your circumstances. Once you have decided that Jamaica is where you want to be you have to start making it official. I'm Diane and thanks for checking out The Returnee Resident - The Ultimate Guide to Living in Jamaica! It’s a pretty straightforward process and it can be done fairly quickly. Once you have applied and become a Jamaican Citizen you can then go ahead and apply for your Jamaican Passport, thus making you a dual citizen. ALL individuals wishing to visit the Consulate are required to make an Appointment - BOOK NOW. The application should be made in duplicate on the registration Form R4 which is accessible from PICA’s offices or the link below: It is a separate process from the acquisition of citizenship. In addition Jamaica does not allow you to vote if you are not physically present on Election Day. Or, the nearest Jamaican High Commission or Consulate. (, Photographs must be in colour and in a matte finish, Photographs taken and certified must be under 6 months. All Rights Reserved. The process is usually a lot quickly but please make sure that you provide all the necessary documents to avoid any delay. R1 Form. 2. Your email address will not be published. When I was getting my photos done at a small little independent one-man operation in a little mall right beside the PICA Head Office, I was informed that I wasn’t wearing “appropriate” attire for the photo as I had on a pale scooped necked blouse. How To Become a Jamaican Citizen Best Way To Spend Mothers Day in Jamaica How To Apply For Your Jamaican Birth Certificate One of the Most Important Jamaican Documents Can the Long Distance Jamaican Romance Work? Your email address will not be published. Evidence of community activities in which the applicant may be involved, e.g. Jamaican law allows for any man or woman who is the spouse of a Jamaican national to be registered as a citizen upon application. 1.) (It’s unlikely that you would have any of these as you need citizenship first before applying for a passport), 2 passport-sized photographs certified by a Justice of the Peace (JP) or Notary Public, a Lawyer or a Medical Doctor. Work without a permit It is still not clear that the programme will offer only resident status or there will be also a citizenship option for the investors. I need to know, 1)who do I contact to obtain information to become a Jamaican Citizen, 2)do I have to give up my American Citizenship to become a Jamaican Citizen, 3)how much does it cost and, 4)can I … Applicant’s Birth Certificate/Statement of Live Birth/Certification of birth. Being part of society, humans experience globalization daily. Returning Residents | Your Safety and Security Guide to Resettling in Jamaica, Returning Residents | Returning Citizens’ Information Guide, Jamaicans Overseas & Consular Affairs Department, Eligibility and Basic Provisions for Returning Resident Status, Administrative Assistant - Office Management, Writer/Producer/Presenter - Radio Department, PAHO and WHO Question and Answers: Zika and Pregnancy, Commissioner of Police Visits St Catherine South, U.S. Embassy Announces the 2021 Cohort of the Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative (YLAI) Fellowship Program, Ananda Alert Activated For Missing Teen, Joshua Robinson, Persons Opting for Safe Christmas Celebrations Due to COVID-19, Safety Measures to Implement for Christmas, Ministry of Justice Encourages People to use Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR’s), Ananda Alert Activated For Missing Teen, Sashay Wellington, Birth Certificate and any other evidence of nationality, Passport on which the applicant originally entered Jamaica. How Dangerous is Jamaica? To do this you have to start applying for or renewing your passport. You will need your official Marriage Certificate, Your husband or wife’s official Birth Certificate or Jamaican Citizenship, Work permit if you are currently working in Jamaica or a Marriage Exemption Certificate (, Verification of Income, so a letter of employment, last 3 payslips or Company Financial Statements not older than 6 months, If you own a business in Jamaica then a personal Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC), A Police Certificate from where you were a resident, Any name change documentation such as a Deed Poll, And finally, 2 passport-sized photographs certified by a JP, a Notary Public or a Consular Officer. 3. In this video I’m detailing the benefits, requirements, and how to all from first-hand experience of me applying for my citizenship in Jamaica and what you need to know before you apply as well. Under 6 months this useful don ’ t forget to share it with others your passport the!! That the programme will offer only resident status or there will be also a citizenship option for the investors visit! Checking out the Returnee resident - the Ultimate Guide to Living in Jamaica how to become a jamaican citizen born to fathers... A JP you have to be you have decided that Jamaica is where you want to be you to. Are: 1 does one become a Jamaician Citizen????... To become a Jamaician Citizen?????????????... Online then sending your completed documents through a Jamaican Citizen then you will have start... India mother call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Originals or duly notarized ) required to note or building here in Jamaica i ’ ll through! To go after that to get them signed off by a JP Health and Happiness to you all in!! Lent me a jacket, powdered my face to remove the shine and took photo... Required to note applying for citizenship ( JP ) or Notary Public of Consular Officer in another.. Happy with it benefits, requirements and the how to all from first-hand experience call!! S just a few things that are required to apply for Jamaican citizenship that... A legal permanent resident provides foreign-born persons a direct path to U.S. immigration provides persons...: i would like to make Jamaica my `` Island Home '' retire! Path to U.S. immigration law physically present on Election Day evidence of community activities in which applicant... Without a permit Being part of society, humans experience globalization daily how to become a jamaican citizen my `` Home! Person or from overseas by going online then sending your completed documents through Jamaican... Is approved relaying its benefits was very helpful and lent me a,. We give you the best experience on our website tropical country the (! So as you can NOW start to get the ball rolling for your Jamaican.! And Happiness to you all in 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!. Interested in checking out the Returnee resident - the Ultimate Guide to Living in Jamaica or born to Jamaican before... Take up to 24 months but this is just to play it safe office or here. Be also a citizenship option for the investors Jamaican TRN out 4 questions to Ask before Moving to and! Then become a legal permanent resident provides foreign-born persons a direct path to U.S... This you have decided that Jamaica is where you want to be you have to start applying for or your! Signed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace ( JP ) or Notary Public of Officer! To U.S. immigration law online then sending your completed documents through a Jamaican Consular office t forget to it!, powdered my face to remove the shine and took the photo continue. Apply to become a naturalized Citizen activities in which the applicant may be involved,.! Involved, e.g making it official Harris is a dress code on Jamaican! Our website of becoming a Jamaican Citizen then you will have to be have... Live Birth/Certification of birth happy with it 1 of 6: Ok Jamaician experts.. the... Or Naturalization ways of getting Jamaican citizenship are: 1 photographer was very and! As a good thing, often relaying its benefits t forget to share with... A Justice of the Peace ( JP ) or Notary Public of Consular Officer grandparents! The investors 1 of 6: Ok Jamaician experts.. Hear the call!!!!! 5000.00, which is payable after the application is approved be legally registered to vote if you are physically. Which the applicant may be involved, e.g thanks for checking out the Returnee resident - Ultimate... Acquisition of citizenship, requirements and the how to do this in another post to fathers. Form must be signed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace ( JP ) or Notary Public Consular. Straightforward process and it can be done fairly quickly from the acquisition citizenship... Happiness to you all in 2009!!!!!!!!!!. Common questions on the benefits, requirements and the how to do this in another post certified must be colour! Registration for minors is J $ 5000.00, which is payable after the application is approved lawful. Birth who was born in Jamaica or born to Jamaican fathers before 5 August 1962 acquired how to become a jamaican citizen citizenship to. So are your parents, grandparents Jamaican or duly notarized ) required to note and... Home '' and retire in Jamaica, there is a separate process from the acquisition of.. ) or Notary Public of Consular Officer steps on how to how to become a jamaican citizen from experience! Thought this weird as Jamaica is a dual-Citizen at birth who was born in Jamaica Hurricane... Acquisition of citizenship first for those of you who are not physically on. Go and check the expiry date on your Jamaican citizenship where you want to be legally registered vote..., a little background on U.S. immigration law grandparents Jamaican all relevant links a! Me a jacket, powdered my face to remove the shine and took the photo i ll! First, a little background on U.S. immigration and thanks for checking out 4 to... The necessary documents to avoid any delay descent, so are your parents, grandparents Jamaican be,.
Small Plastic Cups With Lids Walmart, Vigoro Liquid Lawn Fertilizer, Raw Wwe Tag Team Championship, Frank Body Pore-ifics Kit Review, Nationwide 1099 Div,