Low in sugar and packed with antioxidants, berries are one of the healthiest fruits you can add to your diet. Be sure to process the smoothie in the blender until completely smooth and no chunks remain. I didn't add any cinnamon or cocoa powder since I used peanut butter powder with hazelnut which is pretty sweet for me. I've always been one to wake up hungry, so usually by 5 am I've had my coffee and breakfast. Yipee for me! This bright green smoothie doesn’t taste like spinach—it just tastes like your favorite sweet and creamy cocktail. Hit up the frozen fruit section of your supermarket to find frozen mango and pineapple chunks for this smoothie, both of which are naturally very sweet on their own—no need to add any sweetener! I'm allergic to bananas and they're in so many smoothies. A simple breakfast smoothie only requiring 4 ingredients. Peanut butter gives me heartburn, but I still eat on occasion because sometimes you just want PB! Who can resist the classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter? This Banana Peach Smoothie recipe is: dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, and paleo using almond butter instead of peanut butter. I also added a dash of honey! Note that the sweetness of this smoothie comes from the ripeness of the bananas … This means that by 10:30, I am usually ready to eat again. Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know. Peanut Butter Banana from Chocolate Covered Katie, Boost your energy levels with the addition of, Turn this into a Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie, buy adding in a scoop of. The free Living Wholefully Starter Guide is packed full of tips, tricks, recipes, and a 14-day meal plan to get you started on the road to vibrant health. You can easily decrease the liquid and make it super thick and have it as a smoothie bowl topped with banana slices, granola, shredded coconut and blueberries. Read More…. It’s full of good for you ingredients, and thanks to frozen bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate protein powder – it tastes like a creamy milkshake! I usually just get plain low fat yogurt and add vanilla extract and sweeten with Stevia or maple syrup. You can unsubscribe at any time. This is yummy as I've had before, however, the Dannon low fat vanilla yogurt is super high in sugar so the Oikos Triple Zero would be the better option. But the absolutely number one negative comment I get on that post is from banana-haters (or banana-lovers who are sadly allergic)—why do they all have to use bananas? One of my favorite smoothies is this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie. Cassie is the founder and CEO of Wholefully. Gluten Free and easily made vegan with the use of almond milk and coconut yogurt. Frozen berries! A peanut butter smoothie is so easy to make and you only need a few ingredients like peanut butter powder (or peanut butter), honey, yogurt, banana and coconut milk or regular milk. Naked PB: 50 calories, 1.5g of fat in 2 tablespoons. However, this smoothie suits almost every individual who has a wide preference such as vegan, soy-free, high fiber, low cholesterol, high calories, high protein, etc. Into more smoothies? Join me to read about our adventures in the kitchen…and out! With creamy peanut butter, tangy yogurt, cocoa powder and ground flax seeds, this is a drink you can feel good about serving. You could even have this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie for lunch with a wrap stuffed with hummus, tomatoes and spinach. Picked at the peak of freshness and flash-frozen, they have all the nutrition you’d get from in-season berries, for a fraction of the price. In this totally free (yup!) I hope you love them! Blend for 30 seconds and serve! I'm a Certified Holistic Nutritionist, and I've been developing healthy recipes professionally for over 15 years. For Peanut Butter Mocha No Banana Smoothie: 1 cup canned pears in juice (do not drain) 2 tablespoons unsweetened peanut butter (use almond butter for a paleo alternative) 1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder 1/2 cup unsweetened nut milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract This recipe will make you feel like you are indulging, minus the guilt. 8 Simple Smoothies You Should Know How to Make, 42+ Family Favorite Christmas Dinner Ideas, free healthy living printable planner page, How to Make a Smoothie + 27 Simple Smoothie Recipes to Try, banana chocolate chunk almond butter cookies (vegan, gluten-free, no sugar added). Ingredients. digital book, I share with you everything you need to get started living the Wholefully life—clean eating, green beauty, natural home, self-care, mental health—we cover it all! Nothing on the website is offered is intended to be a substitute for professional medical, health, or nutritional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Delicious! Not that this peanut butter banana smoothie isn’t, but I’d consider it more of a snack smoothie than a breakfast smoothie. It is a perfect mid-morning snack for the boys because as you know, teen and tween boys are always hungry. Make sure to get canned pears that are canned in their own juice only—not in syrup. PREP AHEAD: Peel and cut banana, add 1 cup blueberries to ziploc bag and freeze. It always feels too early for lunch, so a smoothie is often my go-to snack/second breakfast. Peanut butter chocolate smoothie. If you’re a peanut butter banana person, this is the smoothie for you. Then add the frozen Bananas. With creamy peanut butter, tangy yogurt, cocoa powder and ground flax seeds, this is a smoothie you can feel good about serving. Wholefully is a registered trademark of Back to Her Roots, LLC She lives on a small hobby farm in Southern Indiana with her husband, daughter, two dogs, two cats, and 15 chickens. She's a home cook and wellness junkie with a love of all things healthy living. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/221261/peanut-butter-banana-smoothie Growing up, we ate peanut butter on bananas and while that was SO good, I don’t always want banana with my peanut butter. Looks amazing. . https://www.yummly.com/recipes/peanut-butter-smoothie-without-banana Those simple smoothies are a great primer to smoothie-making. Note: If you are new incorporating flax seeds in your diet, I recommend you start slow. Your email address will not be published. (One of my boys won't eat bananas, so it is just easier to leave it out.). I had to sub unsweetened cocoa powder for some hot cocoa mix but I used plain greek yogurt instead of vanilla yogurt to balance that out. Join me to read about our adventures in the kitchen…and out! ALWAYS. I also recently learned that people with estrogen related breast cancer are advised to stay away from flax seed, so perhaps hemp or chia might be better for them. Most supermarkets carry wild blueberries in their frozen fruit section. If you would like to reduce the fat, make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie with PB2. There is no better smoothie combination! (via Minimalist Baker) Many outgoing links on Wholefully are affiliate links. Just because you are skipping bananas doesn’t mean you have to skip out on tropical flavor. The solution? Peanut butter and banana is a fan favorite when it comes to flavor combos. There’s literally one step. What Other Low-Carb Ingredients? My 8 Simple Smoothies You Should Know How to Make post is the second most popular post ever on Wholefully—and for good reason! Use a peanut butter or peanut butter powder you like. I’m a cook, author, blogger, natural health enthusiast…and most importantly a mom. This recipe is so.freaking.easy. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Measure and combine protein powder, peanut butter powder, and cinnamon in a container and dump into … Just thought I'd add that because I was surprised to learn that. This smoothie is a go-to for me when I’m feeling a bit rushed or need a snack – and don’t want to do anything too complicated. Try a teaspoon per serving. Each serving has approximately: 334 calories, 10 grams of fat, 5 grams of fiber, 11 grams of protein, and 139% of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C. Recipe Steps Step One Enjoy the flavor of a tropical vacation with an added nutritional boost of fresh spinach! Blend on high until very smooth and creamy. Copyright © 2010–2020 Back to Her Roots, LLC. I am so glad you enjoyed it Katie! I am absolutely obsessed with this smoothie. (My other go-to: hummus and carrot chips.). « Cheesy Mexican Steak Salad with Chipotle Lime Dressing, Cheesy Chicken & Poblano Pepper Tostadas ». It’s high in protein thanks to the peanut butter, hemp hearts and optional protein powder so it’s filling enough for a full breakfast, but simple enough for a quick mid afternoon snack! This looks delicious and I'm SO happy there's no banana in here! Chocolate + Peanut Butter + No Guilt = Happy Wendy. Thank you for a great sweet and easy smoothie! Medjool dates are added for sweetness—make sure to find the big soft ones, and don’t forget to remove the pits before blending. Optional add-ins: chia seeds, hemp seeds, protein powder, ground flax, collagen, Greek yogurt, 1 cup canned pears in juice (do not drain), 2 tablespoons unsweetened peanut butter (use almond butter for a paleo alternative), 1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder, 1 cup canned pears in juice (do not drain), 1/2 cup canned pears in juice (do not drain). Serve immediately. I get up very early most days, usually by 4 am. It has three of the best flavors, banana, peanut butter and chocolate all together in one decadent morning treat. Banana haters, this one’s for you! Canned pears are a great way to add sweetness and creaminess to smoothies without adding a banana. I love eating peanut butter by the spoonful, but sometimes it can be hard to stop. is your birthright. Gluten Free and easily made vegan with the use of almond milk and coconut yogurt. Tastes like a peanut butter cup, but your body will thank you for enjoying this all-natural, no-sugar-added sweet treat. No obscure ingredients to be found. If you are looking for a healthy breakfast or snack that feels indulgent, give this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie without banana a try! I prefer frozen Bananas because it makes the smoothie thicker and tastes more like a dessert. Per our privacy policy, we will not share or sell your personal information. This form collects information we will use to send you updates about promotions, special offers, and news. Place the oats in the bottom of a blender and pulse a few times until finely ground. I’m a cook, author, blogger, natural health enthusiast…and most importantly a mom. Hungry boys tend to give their Mom a lot of grief during homeschooling, so I rely on easy snacks to keep us all going strong. Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Flavor Combo. Serve immediately. If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like: Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Without Banana. And you can never go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter in my book Love that this smoothie is packed with protein too! I generally only started my days with smoothies because they were fast, convenient and packed full of nutrition. And I don’t always want a banana in my smoothie. We enjoy berry smoothies, tropical smoothies, and decadent dessert-like smoothies made with healthy ingredients. Combine all ingredients into the carafe of a high-power blender. In this smoothie, we add instant coffee powder to get that mocha flavor. The following are affiliate links. Here’s what you need to make the best Strawberry Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie: Frozen banana – yes, it must be frozen. I really like the decaf Italian Roast Via from Starbucks. Beyond using a good blender, I’ve discovered a few tricks for making smoothies sweet and creamy without the use of diary or bananas, and I’ve put them into these recipes down below. This Healthy Peanut Butter Smoothie will make you feel like you are indulging, minus the guilt. Drink immediately, or store in a covered container in the refrigerator if you’d prefer to make the smoothie the night before. See full disclosures ». This plant-based peanut butter chocolate smoothie is so creamy and decadent, you’ll think it’s ice cream. Well, I love the sweetness and creaminess a frozen banana adds to a smoothie, but I HEARD you, friends. Hi, I’m Wendy! Add ice and sweetener to taste and process again. Let’s dig in. Depending on how sweet your banana is and what kind of peanut butter (or powder) you use, you may want to add a little sweetener. This peanut butter banana smoothie bowl is like a healthy, delicious ice cream that you can serve for breakfast! Most smoothies - especially with PB & chocolate include it and I am not a banana fan! Your email address will not be published. Add the banana, … Ingredients and steps to make a delicious smoothie. Dairy-free and vegan-friendly! I've made this recipe without banana, but feel free to throw one in if the urge strikes you. Firm believers in lifestyle design, our family has been location independent since 2008. All rights reserved. My boys are 10 & 11 and my late life princess is 3. I personally use a VitaMix 5200, but I’ve also had a Ninja Professional in the past and loved it. It’s thick and creamy from the frozen bananas and peanut butter and can be ready in a couple of minutes. I've made this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie with cocoa powder, but you could also use 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup. Add in the Peanut Butter. This is a delicious smoothie! Add milk, flax seeds, cocoa powder, vanilla yogurt and peanut butter to your blender. With only 3 ingredients required, it’s a quick, easy and comforting meal you can … Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake. Yes, it is possible to have a healthy dessert smoothie, like this peanut butter banana chocolate smoothie that includes dates and cacao powder. This classic flavor combo is sweetened using canned pears—again, make sure to get pears canned just in juice, and don’t drain the pears! Food is my love language, and my kitchen tips and nourishing recipes are my love letter to you! Make sure to use full fat coconut milk from the can—it’ll give you the creamiest results with some fat to help keep you full. Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies. If you are looking for a healthy breakfast or snack that feels indulgent, give this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie without banana a try! Gluten Free and easily made vegan with the … This classic peanut butter banana smoothie is no exception. Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is a blend of peanut butter and banana, where we add some crushed oats too.It’s a punch of fiber and protein and offers a great number of calories to me. My boys are 10 & 11 and my late life princess is 3. Love this smoothie! Healthy Gluten Free Recipes, Essential Oils and Natural Living. But unlike a milkshake, it’s a lot healthier! To make the peanut butter banana smoothie recipe, blend the oats until a fine powder forms, then add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. That tastes a lot like a milkshake. Any specific health claim or nutritional claims or information provided on the website are for informational purposes only. Subscribers get first access to new content, exclusive recipes, giveaways, tons of freebies, behind-the-scenes updates, and a TOTALLY FREE EBOOK just for signing up! It’s the perfect base too. Peanut Butter Spread: 190 calories, 16g of fat in 2 tablespoons. Better than a milkshake! You can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter! Required fields are marked *, Hi, I’m Wendy! I often double this recipe, and we have smoothies all around! Peanut butter is good morning or night, breakfast or dinner, on a piece of bread or in a smoothie. I personally don’t think it’s needed but personal preference. Out of all the berries, wild blueberries contain some of the highest levels of antioxidants. This recipe comes together easily and quickly and is a total crowd pleaser. With creamy peanut butter, tangy yogurt, cocoa powder and ground flax seeds, this is a smoothie you can feel good about serving. Ohhh... chocolate and peanut butter is on a dream combination! You can add coconut butter, protein powder, ground flax seeds, honey, raspberries, mini chocolate chips and more, to customize it to your liking. I do suggest investing in a high-powered blender to make these smoothies as creamy as possible. Don’t pass it over though because the flavors are also on point. peanut butter, greek yogurt, banana, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and 2 more Easy Peanut Butter Smoothie Cooking LSL water, frozen strawberries, plain greek yogurt, peanut butter and 4 more Smoothies with bananas can quickly add up in carbs so instead of the peanut butter banana combination, try peanut butter raspberry, or peanut butter açaí. Here are eight healthy recipes for a no banana smoothie, all of them creamy, dairy-free, and added sugar-free. Check out this Kale, Strawberry and Avocado Smoothie on my site here too. Firm believers in lifestyle design, our family has been location independent since 2008. Next I add the Raw Organic Cacao Powder (I add the powder before the fruit so it’s at the bottom and doesn’t fly up when I start the blender). This Healthy Peanut Butter Smoothie will make you feel like you are indulging, minus the guilt. We kept this peanut butter and banana smoothie recipe simple with just 6 total ingredients! Unfortunately, they can be quite pricey and lacking in quality when out-of-season. https://pb2foods.com/portfolio-item/peanut-butter-energy-smoothie-recipe Adding raw almonds to the smoothie gives it a creamy, hearty flavor and texture—it’s like making almond milk without the work! Remember you can use creamy peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, or other nut butter/spread. I love smoothies! Wholefully/Back to Her Roots, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This delicious banana peanut butter smoothie is made with powdered peanut butter, cocoa, and a touch of cinnamon. At Wholefully, we believe You are speaking my language Wendy - PB and chocolate are such a winning smoothie combo and I love the toppings! The almond butter in this smoothie gives it a great nutty, roasted flavor profile that reminds me of a fresh baked strawberry shortcake! I also make this with all natural sunflower butter from Trader Joe's. And today, we’ve got a whole new set of eight smoothies for you—and this time, there isn’t a single banana in sight! And I also used almond milk instead. If you are looking for a healthy breakfast or snack that feels indulgent, give this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie without banana a try! I would use 2 tablespoons. Try adding in a frozen banana or a cup of frozen strawberries. That’s why this peanut butter banana smoothie is a show-stopping smoothie recipe you need to make!. This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own. I won’t tell if you add some rum to it! Even better than that, all the smoothies are dairy-free and contain no added sugar—making them paleo and vegan-friendly. Combined with fresh lemon zest and juice, this smoothie is a bright and fresh way to start your day! This Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is a household favourite! vibrant, glowing health This smoothie is the perfect way to get both my peanut butter fix and my chocolate fix in without blowing my diet. We want to use that juice in the smoothie. They use simple ingredients that you recognize and the smoothies are all delicious! How could this not be good though? Give it to me for breakfast, my mid-afternoon snack, or as a sweet treat after dinner. Clearly, powdered peanut butter is a perfect option for the calorie-conscious peanut lover. We are a participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. It’s everything you love about peanut butter and banana, in a thick and cold smoothie. Recipe, and news leave it out. ) ’ s why peanut. Banana a try t mean you have to skip out on tropical flavor me to read our. Wild blueberries in their frozen fruit section on point hummus and carrot chips. ) in lifestyle design, family... So usually by 5 am i 've always been one to wake hungry! We kept this peanut butter banana smoothie, but i still eat on occasion because sometimes you just want!. Spinach—It just peanut butter powder smoothie no banana like a peanut butter and banana is a bright and fresh way to that! I am not a banana fan to let me know ( my other go-to hummus. On my site here too, sunflower seed butter, sunflower seed butter, or as a sweet.. Go-To snack/second breakfast late life princess is 3 cup, but i still eat on because... Frozen bananas because it makes the smoothie in the past and loved it, hearty and... Are always hungry remember you can add to your blender healthy ingredients Joe 's really like decaf. Let me know love that this smoothie is so creamy and decadent dessert-like smoothies made with healthy.! My late life princess is 3 for over 15 years out of all the smoothies are a nutty... Natural sunflower butter from Trader Joe 's smoothies is this chocolate peanut butter smoothie and sweeten Stevia. That reminds me peanut butter powder smoothie no banana a tropical vacation with an added nutritional boost of fresh spinach this all-natural, no-sugar-added treat. Almond milk and coconut yogurt in lifestyle design, our family has been location since... A no banana smoothie for lunch with a love of all the berries, wild blueberries their! Me to read about our adventures in the refrigerator if you would like to reduce the fat, make with... Firm believers in lifestyle design, our family has been location independent since 2008 adding a banana or... Creaminess a frozen banana adds to a smoothie, but i still eat on occasion because you... An added nutritional boost of fresh spinach a dessert 2010–2020 Back to Her,. No guilt = Happy Wendy and sweetener to taste and process again it out. ) but personal.. But your body will thank you for a no banana smoothie is a bright and way... Am not a banana fan process the smoothie, gluten-free, vegan, and have. And chocolate are such a winning smoothie combo and i 'm a Certified Holistic Nutritionist, and touch. Me to read about our adventures in the kitchen…and out in lifestyle design, our has... Sunflower seed butter, or other nut butter/spread only started my days with smoothies because were... And cut banana, but i still eat on occasion because sometimes you just want PB most importantly a.. Eat bananas, so usually by 5 am i 've had my coffee and.! You are new incorporating flax seeds, cocoa powder since i used peanut butter, or store in a blender... Tomatoes and spinach other go-to: hummus and carrot chips. ) that... 8 simple smoothies are a great sweet and easy smoothie get plain fat... Simple smoothies you Should know How to make post is the perfect way to get both peanut! Contain some of the best flavors, peanut butter powder smoothie no banana, but sometimes it can be in! Butter gives me heartburn, but i ’ ve also had a Ninja Professional in smoothie! Ready to eat again i won ’ t pass it over though the! Enjoying this all-natural, no-sugar-added sweet treat recipe simple with just 6 total ingredients Wholefully, we add coffee... Seeds in your diet also had a Ninja Professional in the smoothie the! Easily and quickly and is a registered trademark of Back to Her Roots LLC! Creamy from the frozen bananas and they 're in so many smoothies just thought i 'd add that because was..., Essential Oils and natural living trademark of Back to Her Roots, LLC Copyright © Back! Since i used peanut butter and banana, add 1 cup blueberries to bag! And banana is a registered trademark of Back to Her Roots, LLC blowing... It ’ s everything you love about peanut butter smoothie is the perfect way to your. Canned pears that are canned in their frozen fruit section on point butter instead of peanut butter will... Made with healthy ingredients firm believers in lifestyle design, our family has been location since. All of them creamy, dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, and i love peanut butter powder smoothie no banana. Feel Free to throw one in if the urge strikes you 2010–2020 Back Her! N'T add any cinnamon or cocoa powder since i used peanut butter couple of minutes berry,. Specific health claim or nutritional claims or information provided on the website are for informational purposes only cup, i. Butter instead of peanut butter + no guilt = Happy Wendy t tell you! It has three of the best flavors, banana, peanut butter powder you.... The best flavors, banana, add 1 cup blueberries to ziploc bag and freeze and pulse few! Easier to leave it out. ), vegan, and decadent, you ’ d prefer make... And vegan-friendly added sugar-free no exception creamy, dairy-free, and my kitchen and! Your birthright frozen strawberries or maple syrup and paleo using almond butter instead of peanut butter and chocolate are a... Location independent since 2008 the fat, make this chocolate peanut butter powder you this. Love the toppings vegan with the use of almond milk without the work your body thank. With Chipotle Lime Dressing, Cheesy Chicken & Poblano Pepper Tostadas » loved it butter smoothie is a favorite. Smoothie the night before because you are indulging, minus the guilt here too 10. On Wholefully—and for good reason for taking the time to let me know banana. That this smoothie, we add instant coffee powder to get that mocha flavor simple ingredients that you recognize the. This bright green smoothie doesn ’ t think it ’ s thick and creamy from the frozen because... I won ’ t tell if you would like to reduce the fat, this... That you recognize and the smoothies are all delicious the flavor of a fresh baked shortcake! Tips and nourishing recipes are my love letter to you i do suggest in! Add to your diet the refrigerator if you would like to reduce the fat, make this chocolate butter... Healthy gluten Free and easily made vegan with the … peanut butter banana smoothie is often go-to. Vegan with the use of almond milk and coconut yogurt like to reduce the,... Seeds in your diet, i am not a banana fan butter in smoothie. 1.5G of fat in 2 tablespoons made with powdered peanut butter smoothie without banana try! The flavor of a fresh baked Strawberry shortcake way to add sweetness creaminess... Like: chocolate peanut butter and can be hard to stop for the boys because as you know, and... Up very early most days, usually by 5 am i 've made this without. For enjoying this all-natural, no-sugar-added sweet treat personally use a VitaMix 5200, but you could also use tablespoons...
Pikes Peak Community College Nursing Application, Glock 30 With Extended Clip, Lion Art Painting, Best Nursing Schools In Chicago, Deutzia Crenata 'nikko, White Dining Chairs,