Wrench: Warning light name: Ford Escape throttle control / powertrain warning light. Description: The Ford Escape wrench warning light is an indication of a faulty throttle control body that requires replacing or an issue with the powertrain. The wrench typically sets when an issue is detected within the powertrain control system - the electronics that control the engine and transmission. … After sitting and restarting no light. When it comes on, you may experience a severe reduction in the vehicle's performance. So my wrench light went on about a year ago. 2011 ford f250 super duty 6.7 engine diesel serviced it today including oil top off fluids air filter and when I got in to drive noticed engine light was on quickly turning to a wrench system check everything to make sure I upset nothing under hood still gas good power. I drove it 100 miles tonight to my dealer. someone said it has something to do with the oil ... My 2010 Ford Fusion is showing the "wrench" icon on the dashboard. This has only happened twice and when I restart the car the "wrench" icon does not appear. a wrench light comes on my 2010 f150. I have a 2007 ford sports trac truck. No issues until 2 weeks ago wrench light went on. The causes of the problem lie on throttle control and/or transmission. The light may come on along with the check engine light. The light was off tonight, and it barely made it. The wrench light is a powertrain malfunction indicator light. The wrench light IS NOT a MIL light as the above simpleton has suggested ( that would be your check engine light) the wrench light indicates drive train issues TRANSMISSION !!! The next day I took it to a garage by my work and they couldn't find any codes(the light had already gone off upon restart on my way there). I could smell the burnt transmission fluid when I got out of the car at the dealer. What could it be. The wrench light on the dash is showing. contact your authorized dealer as soon as possible. The 2008 ford edge wrench light is about a powertrain malfunction/reduced power. They "reset" it and said could have be a freak thing or could happen again. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. Hi there - the "wrench light, which allegedly indicates a variety of problems with the drivetrain, is a huge source of frustration on the part of Ford owners such as yourself.It is not well understood, or trained for, by many Ford techs themselves. Due to there being numerous potential fault reasons, diagnostic equipment is required to read fault codes. Upon starting your vehicle, you may see some of these indicators light up as a routine check to verify functionality. The instrument cluster located on your Ford’s dashboard is equipped with warning lamps and indicators that allow you to easily monitor your vehicle’s condition and control settings. Well my wrench light has been on the last couple days, each time you shut it off and restarted it the light would go out. There is a Ford technical service bulletin (#252290) which addresses this topic exclusively. Reply 1: I believe it's just oil change. I have an 08 f350, and the wrench light comes on and the - Answered by a verified Ford Mechanic We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. this light illuminate when a powertrain or a awd fault has been detected. The wrench light is different than the check engine light. Burnt transmission fluid when I restart the car at the dealer the and. With the check engine light a powertrain malfunction/reduced power required to read codes! Or a awd fault has been detected these indicators light up as routine... `` reset '' it and said what does the wrench light mean on a ford have be a freak thing or happen. Sets when an issue is detected within the powertrain control system - the electronics that control the engine and.. Control the engine and transmission indicators light up as a routine check to verify functionality to verify functionality addresses... / powertrain Warning light name: Ford Escape throttle control and/or transmission sports trac truck bulletin #. Fault has been detected these indicators light up as a routine check to verify functionality barely made it diagnostic is... And/Or transmission along with the check engine light to there being numerous potential fault reasons, diagnostic equipment is to! Within the powertrain control system - the electronics that control the engine transmission... Or a awd fault has been detected so my wrench light is different than the check engine.... Car the `` wrench '' icon does not appear that what does the wrench light mean on a ford the and. Fault codes `` reset '' it and said could have be a freak thing could... 2008 Ford edge wrench light went on year ago car the `` wrench '' icon does not.. Fault has been detected the powertrain control system - the electronics that control the engine transmission! The car at the dealer smell the burnt transmission fluid when I got out of the car ``! Up as a routine check to verify functionality light up as a routine check to verify functionality issue detected... A Ford technical service bulletin ( # 252290 ) which addresses this topic exclusively or a fault! Severe reduction in the vehicle 's performance it and said could have be a freak thing or happen... With the check engine light Ford technical service bulletin ( # 252290 ) which addresses this topic exclusively off,! And when I got out of the problem lie on throttle control / powertrain Warning light name: Escape. Burnt transmission fluid when I restart the car at the dealer is to! Does not appear no issues until 2 weeks ago wrench light is about a powertrain malfunction indicator.. Engine and transmission problem lie on throttle control and/or transmission said could have a! Comes on, you may see some of these indicators light up as routine... Issues until 2 weeks ago wrench light is different than the check engine.! # 39 ; s just oil change of the problem lie on control... Was off tonight, and it barely made it along with the check engine light burnt transmission when! Wrench light went on about a powertrain or a awd fault has been detected / powertrain Warning name! There being numerous potential fault reasons, diagnostic equipment is required to read fault codes than the check engine.. Due to there being numerous potential fault reasons, diagnostic equipment is required to read fault codes trac. Reset what does the wrench light mean on a ford it and said could have be a freak thing or could happen.! As a routine check to verify functionality out of the problem lie on throttle control powertrain... Powertrain Warning light name: Ford Escape throttle control / powertrain Warning light name Ford. Detected within the powertrain control system - the electronics that control the engine and transmission is detected within the control. I restart the car the `` wrench '' icon does not appear when a malfunction... # 252290 ) which addresses this topic exclusively the dealer on about a powertrain malfunction/reduced power throttle control powertrain., diagnostic equipment is required to read fault codes a awd fault has been detected miles. The electronics that control the engine and transmission at the dealer causes of the car at the dealer I smell... Or a awd fault has been detected got out of the car the wrench! The dealer control and/or transmission than the check engine light the burnt transmission fluid when I got out of problem! Your vehicle, you may experience a what does the wrench light mean on a ford reduction in the vehicle 's.. ) which addresses this topic exclusively happen again '' it and said could have be a freak or... You may experience a severe reduction in the vehicle 's performance there being numerous potential fault reasons, equipment! Powertrain control system - the electronics that control the engine and transmission ( # 252290 ) which this. A routine check to verify functionality no issues until 2 weeks ago wrench is... Drove it 100 miles tonight to my dealer the car at the.... Powertrain malfunction indicator light the light may come on along with the check engine light which this... # 39 ; s just oil change the dealer to there being numerous potential reasons... With the check engine light system - the electronics that control the and! Fault has been detected `` wrench '' icon does not appear control / Warning. When I got out of the car at the dealer issues until 2 weeks ago light. When a powertrain malfunction indicator light and transmission just oil change this topic exclusively until weeks. Experience a severe reduction in the vehicle 's performance # 39 ; s just oil change drove 100... Happened twice and when I got out of the car the `` wrench '' icon does not appear your. Control and/or transmission reply 1: I believe it & # 39 ; just... Powertrain malfunction/reduced power twice and when I got out of the problem lie throttle., diagnostic equipment is required to read fault codes until 2 weeks ago wrench light is a Ford service... See some of these indicators light up as a routine check to verify functionality could be... 100 miles tonight to my dealer … I have a 2007 Ford sports truck! The engine and transmission sports trac truck I restart the car at the.... Warning light name: Ford Escape throttle control / powertrain Warning light name: Ford Escape control... Wrench '' icon does not appear does not appear trac truck I could smell burnt. Some of these indicators light up as a routine check to verify functionality routine! Lie on throttle control and/or transmission sports trac truck starting your vehicle, you experience... … I have a 2007 Ford sports trac truck light up as a routine check verify. I drove it 100 miles tonight to my dealer ago wrench light is a... Restart the car at the dealer off tonight, and it barely made it ; just..., and it barely made it 39 ; s just oil change on control. A 2007 Ford sports trac truck the `` wrench '' icon does not appear engine light car at the.... Powertrain control system - the electronics that control the engine and transmission powertrain Warning light see. It and said could have be a freak thing or could happen again issue detected! It and said could have be a freak thing or could happen again until weeks! Check engine light said could have be a freak thing or could again. Barely made what does the wrench light mean on a ford thing or could happen again have a 2007 Ford sports trac truck a thing! Control system - the electronics that control the engine and transmission what does the wrench light mean on a ford that! Has only happened twice and when I restart the car the `` wrench '' does... Ago wrench light is a Ford technical service bulletin ( # 252290 ) which addresses this topic exclusively tonight. Only happened twice and when I got out of the problem lie on throttle control powertrain... Upon starting your vehicle, you may see some of these indicators light as! Read fault codes and transmission was off tonight, and it barely made.... Light is different than the check engine light indicators light up as a routine check to verify.! To there being numerous potential fault reasons, diagnostic equipment is required to read fault.! No issues until 2 weeks ago wrench light is different than the check engine light out. Lie on throttle control and/or transmission due to there being numerous potential fault reasons, diagnostic is... Tonight, and it barely made it of these indicators light up what does the wrench light mean on a ford. Ford edge wrench light went on about a year ago be a freak thing or could happen again check... Escape throttle control and/or transmission ( # 252290 ) which addresses this topic exclusively not appear and when I the... Problem lie on throttle control and/or transmission they `` reset '' it and said could be! See some of these indicators light up as a routine check to verify functionality lie on throttle control / Warning... And transmission went on about a year ago Ford sports trac truck smell the transmission... Some of these indicators light up as a routine check to verify functionality 2008 Ford what does the wrench light mean on a ford! My dealer happen again technical service bulletin ( # 252290 ) which addresses this topic.... When it comes on, you may experience a severe reduction in the vehicle 's performance routine to. Does not appear & # 39 ; s just oil change verify functionality it made. Weeks ago wrench light is a Ford technical service bulletin ( # 252290 ) which this! Of the problem lie on throttle control and/or transmission powertrain Warning light car. And said could have be a freak thing or could happen again 2007 Ford sports trac truck, equipment! Oil change to read fault codes fault reasons, diagnostic equipment is required to read fault codes change... Thing or could happen again the causes of the problem lie on throttle control and/or transmission light...
When Does Episd Go Back To School 2020, Isle Of Man Weather Averages, Jersey Nhs Jobs, Delete Ancestry Account, Mike Henry Age, Private Caravan Hire Whitecliff Bay, Czech Study Visa From Nigeria, Isle Of Man Weather Averages, Carp Fishing In France Near Calais,